Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Children with special educational needs: an analysis - 2012
The Special Educational Needs (Information) Act (2008) required the Secretary of State to publish information about children in England with SEN. This is the fourth annual statistical publication that has been developed to meet the requirements of the Act.
Reference Id: SFR24/2012
Publication type: Statistical Release
Publication data: Local authority data
Local authority data: LA data
Release date: 17 October 2012
Coverage status: Final
Publication status: Published
This publication includes new information on pupils with SEN alongside further interpretation of existing findings. All figures are provided at national level, with some existing regional and local authority (LA) level information.
The publication is divided into the following 5 key themes with data derived from a range of sources, notably the school census and national pupil database:
- theme 1: characteristics of pupils with SEN.
- theme 2: attainment of pupils with SEN.
- theme 3: progression of pupils with SEN.
- theme 4: attainment and activities up to age 19 for young people with SEN.
- theme 5: absence and exclusions from school for pupils with SEN.