Children with special educational needs: an analysis - 2013
New information on pupils with special educational needs (SEN) alongside further interpretation of existing findings.
The Special Educational Needs (Information) Act (2008) requires the Secretary of State to publish information about children in England with SEN. This is the fifth annual statistical publication that has been developed to meet the requirements of the act.
This publication includes new information on pupils with SEN alongside further interpretation of existing findings. All figures are provided at national level, with some existing regional and local authority level information.
The publication is divided into the following 5 key themes with data derived from a range of sources, notably the school census and national pupil database:
- theme 1: characteristics of pupils with SEN
- theme 2: attainment of pupils with SEN
- theme 3: progression of pupils with SEN
- theme 4: attainment and activities up to age 19 for young people with SEN
- theme 5: absence and exclusions from school for pupils with SEN
01325 735 408
Published 23 October 2013