Statistics on the Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation for the year 15 April 2016 to 14 April 2017 (year 9) based on data currently available. This is report 2 of 6 and therefore contains an incomplete dataset for year 9.
A minor error has been found in Table RTFO03 on the number of Renewable Transport Fuel Certificates revoked in 2015/16. The figure should be 7.2 million rather than 6.8 million. We have corrected the table, no other information has changed.
The report includes information on the:
- amount of UK road transport fuel from renewable and fossil fuel
- number of Renewable Transport Fuel Certificates (RTFCs) which have been issued to fuel meeting the sustainability requirements
- balance of RTFCs by obligation period
- trades of RTFCs between suppliers and/or traders
- carbon and sustainability characteristics of the renewable fuel to which RTFCs have been issued
- voluntary scheme data of renewable transport fuel