We previously consulted on changes to the RTFO and have since published the government response to the consultation. Alongside the changes to the RTFO, we are proposing modifications to the quarterly and annual reports and tables. We welcome any comments about our proposals, which is why we are conducting a user survey. This survey will close on 24 August 2018. You can also contact us by the email below.
Statistics on the Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation for the year 15 April 2017 to 14 April 2018 (year 10) based on data currently available. This is report 4 of 6 and therefore contains an incomplete dataset for year 10.
The report includes information on the:
- amount of UK road transport fuel from renewable and fossil fuel
- number of Renewable Transport Fuel Certificates (RTFCs) which have been issued to fuel meeting the sustainability requirements
- balance of RTFCs by obligation period
- trades of RTFCs between suppliers and traders
- carbon and sustainability characteristics of the renewable fuel to which RTFCs have been issued
- voluntary scheme data of renewable transport fuel