- The number of appeals submitted rose by 2% in
2015, compared to 2014 (466 compared to 456).
- The increase in appeals is in the context of an overall
increase of less than 0.1% increase in GCSE and
A level entries.
- In 2015, less than 1% (49) of the 7,166
qualification grades involved in appeals were changed,
compared to 6,283 qualification grades involved in
an appeal in 2014, of which 4% (218) were
- More than 99% of all stage 1 appeals were
completed within the target timeline of 50 working days,
from the initial receipt of the appeal.
- 33 appeals progressed to stage 2 in 2015,
representing 7% of all appeals made.
Ofqual is running a rolling series of online surveys to make sure its statistical releases meet your needs.
Ofqual would like to invite you to take part in the online survey for this release
It will take about ten minutes to complete and your responses will remain entirely confidential in any reports published about the survey.
The survey can be found here