Air passenger satisfaction with security screening in 2016 can be broadly summarised as:
- 85% of air passengers saying they were very satisfied or satisfied
- 51% of air passengers saying they were very satisfied
- 4% of air passengers saying they were very dissatisfied or dissatisfied
at surveyed airports.
The aspects of security screening with which passengers were least satisfied were:
- queuing (5%)
- slow speed of processing (3%)
- general organisation (2%)
Over 3 quarters of passengers (79%) said there was no aspect with which they were least satisfied. The majority (91%) of passengers strongly agreed or agreed that any inconvenience caused by the security screening was acceptable.
The average time passengers said they spent queuing for security screening was similar to the previous year (7.1 minutes for 2015 and 2016). In 2016, average queuing time ranged from 4.0 minutes at Gatwick to 10.8 minutes at Stansted.