This statistical first release (SFR) provides provisional information on the overall achievements of 16- to 18-year-olds who were at the end of 16 to 18 study by the end of the 2016 to 2017 academic year, including:
- A levels and other academic level 3 qualifications
- technical and applied level 3 qualifications
- progress in English and maths qualifications (for students without an A* to C grade at key stage 4)
- level 2 vocational qualifications and technical certificate qualifications
- level 3 maths qualifications (for students with an A* to C grade in maths at key stage 4)
This SFR also publishes exam results taken during the 2016 to 2017 academic year by all 16- to 18-year-olds.
We will publish revised figures in January 2018, accounting for amendments made during the school and college checking exercise. At the same time, we will publish the 16 to 18 performance tables.