Your guide to organising a street party

This guide provides practical advice for anyone looking to hold a street party.



This guide provides information on road closures, charges, playing music, insurance and fund raising – alongside links to organisations who offer further support. It also addresses some of the popular myths surrounding street parties.

You can use the application form to let your local council know about your plans and apply for a road closure. Alternatively you can look for guidance on your council’s own website.