Get a general licence to remove abandoned or unsuccessful eggs from wild birds' nests between 1 September and 31 January (licence GL12).
This licence lets you remove abandoned or unsuccessful eggs from wild birds’ nests.
You can only use this licence if you’re the land owner, occupier or anyone authorised by the owner or occupier, or you’ve been authorised in writing by:
- the local authority
- any England, Scotland or Wales conservation body
- a district board for fisheries or local fisheries committee
- the Environment Agency
- a water or sewerage undertaker
You can only remove eggs (or parts of eggs) from:
- nest boxes that aren’t currently in use
- 1 September to 31 January
You don’t need to apply for this general licence but you must meet its conditions and follow its instructions.
What you can’t do with this licence
This licence won’t let you:
- sell, hire, barter or exchange an egg (or part of an egg)
- keep an egg (or part of an egg)