Get a 6-week general licence to keep wild birds without registering so that you can rehabilitate them (licence GL08).
PDF, 167KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
As a veterinary surgeon or practitioner you can use this general licence for these wild birds:
- honey buzzards
- golden eagles
- white-tailed eagles
- peregrine falcons
- marsh harriers
- Montagu’s harriers
You can keep these birds for up to 6 weeks without registering if:
- the bird is disabled
- you plan to rehabilitate and release it
You don’t need to apply for the licence but you must meet its conditions and follow its instructions. This includes:
- giving the bird professional veterinary treatment
- recording all treatments you make
- keeping records of treatments for 2 years from when the bird came into your control
Published: 31 December 2013
Updated: 1 January 2017
- Replaced licence with new version issued 1 January 2017
- Replaced licence with new version issued 1 January 2016.
- Added updated general licence. New version valid between 1 January and 31 December 2015.
- First published.