In addition to supplying medicines against a prescription from a vet, pharmacists may also supply certain medicines against a prescription from a pharmacist.
Only vets can diagnose clinical conditions in animals.
Information covered includes:
- regulation of veterinary medicines
- distribution categories of veterinary medicines
- prescribing, dispensing and supply
- prescription responsibilities when supplying veterinary medicines
- record keeping
- internet retail of veterinary medicines
- use of human medicines in animals