Venture Capital Trusts and Capital Gains Tax: HS298 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: Capital Gains Tax and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 18 May 2017, see all updates
This helpsheet explains about capital gains and the Venture Capital Trust (VCT) scheme for investors.
Ref: HS298 PDF, 288KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide is for investors. It explains capital gains aspects of the VCT scheme for investors. It covers disposal relief, deferral relief, and bonus and rights issues.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 18 May 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.