Import and export: Customs Duty/import VAT relating to imports by post (BOR286)
- HM Revenue & Customs and Border Force
- Part of:
- Import and export forms and Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- 4 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 5 January 2017, see all updates
Use form BOR286 if you believe Customs Duty/import VAT was wrongly calculated on an item you imported by post (Royal Mail or Parcelforce).
Ref: BOR286 PDF, 1010KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
You need to complete this form for parcels/packets received through Parcelforce/Royal Mail only, if you believe that Customs Duty or import VAT has been incorrectly calculated on your imported item.
Get the right software
This form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader to compete it. Downloading Adobe Reader is free. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Published: 4 April 2014
Updated: 5 January 2017
- Form BOR286 previously included reference to form C3. Form C3 has been withdrawn and replaced with form ToR01.
- This form is now interactive and allows you to complete on screen.
- First published.