Vaccines for dogs & cats: advice for owners
Information and advice for dog and cat owners on vaccines and vaccination.
Ref: Information Leaflet No. 12 PDF, 629KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Information covered includes:
- why you should vaccinate your pet
- what a vaccine is and how it works
- how you know that vaccines are safe
- who can supply vaccines
- side effects, adverse events and the reported concerns from over vaccinating
- what you should do if you think your pet has had an adverse reaction to a vaccine
- travelling abroad with your pet
- why vets vaccinate pups and kittens at different ages
- how often your pet should be vaccinated
- why all dogs and cats get the same vaccine dose, whatever their size, or breed
- what is meant by the onset of immunity and duration of immunity
- what maternally derived antibodies are
- what vaccines are available