Uses of local authority spending and finance data
- Department for Communities and Local Government, HM Treasury, Office for Budget Responsibility, and Office for National Statistics
- Part of:
- Local government finance: forms to be completed by local authorities, Local government spending, and Data collection and reporting
- 5 February 2013
- Last updated:
- 19 December 2014, see all updates
- Applies to:
Information for local authority staff about what happens to the spending and financing data they send to central government.
Local government expenditure represents about a quarter of all public expenditure. This document explains how the data received from the local authorities is used by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), HM Treasury (HMT), the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) and the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
Published: 5 February 2013
Updated: 19 December 2014
- Added timetable of forms for local authorities: April 2015 to March 2016.
- Added timetable of forms for local authorities: January 2013 to March 2014
- First published.