- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Part of:
- Access to higher education, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and Enterprise Zones, and Research and development
- 14 March 2014
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Government’s response to Sir Andrew Witty’s review of universities and growth.
This is the government’s response to the Witty review of universities and growth. The response sets out what the government will do to build on our outstanding global reputation for science and research.
It explains how government is rising to Sir Andrew’s challenge through:
- making a long term commitment to supporting universities in their mission to deliver economic growth
- drawing our national successes through to the local level by strengthening Local Enterprise Partnerships and helping universities to support small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- taking forward the ‘Arrow Projects’ concept to secure the potential of the technologies of the future
- aligning support for different scientific fields with the priorities that are developed for technologies and sectors in the context of the government’s Industrial Strategy
Published: 14 March 2014