Information about registering transfers of a registered estate. Aimed at lenders and conveyancers (practice guide 75).
This guide details HM Land Registry practice and requirements relating to the registration of transfers of a registered estate under a chargee’s power of sale. It is aimed at lenders and conveyancers and you should interpret references to ‘you’ accordingly. HM Land Registry staff will also refer to it.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 6 June 2012
Updated: 6 April 2016
- A minor amendment has been made to section 2.2.8 following the amendment of the Form MM restriction by the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 (Consequential Amendments) (Secondary Legislation) Regulations 2016.
- Section 2.2.5 has been further amended to clarify when an entry in the register in respect of an estate contract will be cancelled where the charge precedes the contract.
- Section 2.2.5 has been expanded to clarify when a notice in respect of the burden of an estate contract will be removed from the register automatically on registering the transfer.
- Section 2.2.8 has been amended to explain what is required where a restriction in standard Form QQ has been entered in the register.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Added translation