Charity Commission research into the range, role and profile of regeneration charities.
Research into charities that promote the urban and rural regeneration of areas of social and economic deprivation for the public benefit.
The report highlights that the majority of regeneration charities operate in urban rather than rural areas. It looks at:
- the types of organisations that have registered as regeneration charities
- the work they carry out
- their governance arrangements
- the innovative methods these charities use to engage with and benefit their communities
- models of best practice which could benefit other types of charities
- the issues these charities face, such as finding sources of ongoing funding and creating sustainable regeneration