This document sets out what the department is doing to achieve its strategic objectives for children and young people.
This document outlines the department’s plans for the next 10 years under each of the strategic objectives, with a chapter looking at how the reforms can be made.
The 6 strategic objectives to improve children and young people’s lives are:
- secure the health and wellbeing of children and young people
- safeguard the young and vulnerable
- achieve world-class standards
- close the gap in educational achievement for children from disadvantaged backgrounds
- ensure young people are participating and achieving their potential to 18 and beyond
- keep children and young people on the path to success