On 27 June 2013 the Department for Transport awarded a contract to Siemens Plc and Cross London Trains - a consortium comprising Siemens Project Ventures GmbH, Innisfree Ltd and 3i Infrastructure Plc - to provide the new trains, depots and maintenance services for the Thameslink programme.
The principal Thameslink rolling stock and depot agreements comprise of the following:
- the manufacture and supply agreement
- the train services agreement
- the umbrella agreement
- the master definitions agreement
- the rolling stock lease
- the depot agreements for asset protection, works and grant of leases in respect of the new depots at Hornsey and Three Bridges
- the depot deeds of undertaking in respect of the new depots at Hornsey and Three Bridges
Redacted versions of those contracts have been published, in line with the transparency agenda.
The contracts for the supply, finance and subsequent maintenance (including the provision of depots) of the new Thameslink fleet have an aggregate net present value of approximately £2.6 billion discounted to 2013, and a nominal value of approximately £5.7 billion, in each case to the end of the 20 year commitment period relating to the use of the trains by the Secretary of State for Transport.