Research and analysis
Teenage mothers and young fathers: support framework
This framework helps local healthcare commissioners and service providers review support arrangements for young parents in their area.
Ref: PHE publications gateway number: 2016069 PDF, 5.02MB, 52 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The framework sets out:
- the relevance and importance of teenage mothers and young fathers to each service
- suggestions for tailoring services to meet their needs
It also includes helpful resources about:
- maternity services
- health visiting
- family nurse partnership
- school nursing
- children’s centres
- sexual and reproductive health services
- alcohol and drug use services
- general practice
- youth support workers
- voluntary and community sector support
- young fathers
- parenting support
- emotional health and wellbeing support
- stop smoking support
- breastfeeding support
The Teenage parent outcomes modelling tool should be read alongside this framework as it brings together data and evidence about factors that affect outcomes for teenage parents and their children.