Teaching Excellence Framework: year 2 specification
Information about how the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) will function in year 2 of its operation.
Ref: DFE-00232-2016 PDF, 2.64MB, 80 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 91.4KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Detailed information about how TEF will operate in year 2 (assessment outcomes due in spring 2017 to inform students applying in autumn 2017) including:
- who will be eligible to apply
- what the assessment framework looks like
- how we define and use the assessment data
- how we will assess providers
- what outcomes a provider can expect
The metrics workbook exemplar illustrates how we will show TEF data to assessors.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) is carrying out the TEF year 2 exercise. You can find more guidance and technical documents on the HEFCE website.
Published: 29 September 2016
Updated: 10 November 2016
- Added link to Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) website for year 2 technical documents and guidance.
- First published.