Sweden: tax treaties
Tax treaties between the UK and Sweden and related documents.
PDF, 208KB, 28 pages
PDF, 103KB, 40 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
2015 Double Taxation Convention
The taxation convention entered into force on 20 December 2015:
It’s effective in:
Sweden from 1 January 2016 for:
- taxes withheld at source
- other taxes on income
the UK from:
- 1 January 2016 for taxes withheld at source
- 1 April 2016 for Corporation Tax
- 6 April 2016 for Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax
1983 Sweden-UK Double Taxation Convention – terminated
The taxation convention entered into force on 26 March 1964.
It’s effective in Sweden from 1 January 1985 and in the UK from:
- 1 April 1985 for Corporation Tax and development land tax
- 6 April 1985 for Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax