Guidance on how to provide supported internships for young people with special educational needs and an EHC plan.
This is guidance about creating study programmes for young people with:
- an education, health and care plan
- a learning difficulty assessment or statement of special educational needs issued before September 2014
It applies to:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- local authorities
- academies and free schools
- independent schools
- sixth-form colleges
- further education colleges
It also includes information about applying for Access to Work funding.
Published: 18 October 2013
Updated: 21 June 2017
- Extended review date: DfE has reviewed and republished this guidance and confirmed it is up to date.
- Added a link to the Access for Work website.
- Updated document with EFA funding information.
- Document updated to incorporate ideas and good practice identified from the supported internship pilot.
- First published.