Providing supported internships for young people with an EHC plan
Guidance on how to provide supported internships for young people with special educational needs and an EHC plan.
This is guidance about creating study programmes for young people with:
- an education, health and care plan
- a learning difficulty assessment or statement of special educational needs issued before September 2014
It applies to:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- local authorities
- academies and free schools
- independent schools
- sixth-form colleges
- further education colleges
It also includes information about applying for Access to Work funding.
Published: 18 October 2013
Updated: 26 June 2015
- Added a link to the Access for Work website.
- Updated document with EFA funding information.
- Document updated to incorporate ideas and good practice identified from the supported internship pilot.
- First published.