DCMS held an event for users of the Creative Industries Economic Estimates on January 28th 2016. The presentations and a summary of discussions are below.
On the 28th January 2016, the Department for Culture, Media and Sport held an event for users of the Creative Industries Economic Estimates. The event included a number of presentations and discussion groups:
- Overview of Creative Industries Economic Estimates, Dr Niall Goulding
- Industry perspectives - Will Page, Director of Economics, Spotify
- Creative Industries statistics development (discussion)
- Official Statistics - Ed Humpherson, Director General for Regulation, UK Statistics Authority
- Panel Q & A, Moderator: Diane Coyle, OBE, Professor of Economics, University of Manchester
- Panel members:
- Ed Humpherson, Director General for Regulation, UK Statistics Authority
- Gwyn Owen, Head of Creative Economy, DCMS
- Mary Gregory, Head of Statistics, DCMS
- Hasan Bakhshi, Director, Creative Economy in Policy & Research, Nesta
- Will Page, Director of Economics, Spotify
The discussion groups were focused on developments proposed in Annex E of the most recent statistical release. These developments were also open to public consultation which closed on 26 April 2016. A response to the consultation will be published on 9 June alongside the Focus on Creative Industries Employment and Focus on Export statistical releases.