Street works register
An internet based electronic data interchange for undertakers notifying highway authorities of street works in their area.
From April 2011 the current Data Capture Code list for use in the Street Works Register and Street Works Noticing process can be downloaded from the National Street Gazette (NSG) website. GeoPlace has taken over responsibility for the administration, maintenance, allocation and hosting of the Streetworks Data Capture Code List.
In bringing together the management of the NSG and SWA (Street Works Act) codes, GeoPlace can ensure the smooth running of the system. GeoPlace has put a number of procedures in place to manage the SWA code list, allocate new SWA codes and rationalise the codes of those organisations that no longer exists or statutory undertakers that have merged with each others.
The list of codes is available to download from the NSG website and will be updated on a monthly basis. An application for a code can be made by visiting the NSG website and completing the on-line form. SWA codes will only be allocated following a consultation with regulatory bodies such as OFGEM, OFWAT, the Department for Transport, Companies House and HAUC UK. The Scottish Roadworks Commissioner has also requested that the same service is offered to Scotland and that the codes are aligned to create a common system across Great Britain.
Data capture codes
- Street Works Register data capture codes (Access, 51KB), 22 November 2007 updated 25 March 2011
- Street Works Register data capture codes (Ascii, 12KB), 22 November 2007 updated 25 March 2011
- Table on road status (ZIP, 43KB), 29 July 2004
- Data capture request for the Street Works Register (ZIP, 93KB), 29 July 2004
- Code of practice appendix E (PDF, 96KB), 29 July 2004
- Data capture codes for use with appendix E (PDF, 266KB), 29 July 2004