Street Works Act codes

How to apply for a Street Works Act (SWA) code to carry out streetworks.



This guidance explains how to apply for Street Works Act (SWA) codes.

Any organisation that wants to carry out streetworks must have an SWA code. GeoPlace allocates and maintains SWA codes on behalf of the Department for Transport.

Published 21 July 2011
Last updated 16 February 2018 + show all updates
  1. Links and guidance updated.
  2. First published.