The Strategy sets out a vision of where the industry aspires to be within ten years.
The Strategy has been developed by the British Horse Industry Confederation (BHIC) in partnership with Government, and sets out a vision of where the industry aspires to be within ten years.
Its purpose is to foster a robust and sustainable horse industry, increase its economic value, enhance the welfare of the horse, and develop the industry’s contribution to the cultural, social, educational, health and sporting life of the nation.
The strategy has eight key aims with specific action points included under each aim.
- Aim 1 to bring the Horse Industry together and develop its national, regional and local impact;
- Aim 2 to increase participation in equestrianism and the social contribution of the Horse Industry;
- Aim 3 to boost the economic performance of equine businesses;
- Aim 4 to raise equestrian skills, training and standards;
- Aim 5 to increase access to offroad riding and carriage driving;
- Aim 6 to consider the environmental impact of the horse;
- Aim 7 to encourage sporting excellence; and
- Aim 8 to improve the quality and breeding of horses and ponies.
The successful implementation of the Strategy will require the continued, enthusiastic and positive efforts of everyone interested in horses or engaged in horse-related business.