Strategy development: a guide for NHS foundation trust boards
- Part of:
- Independent providers of NHS services: documents and guidance, NHS trusts: documents and guidance, and NHS foundation trusts: documents and guidance
- 16 October 2014
- Last updated:
- 31 October 2014, see all updates
- Applies to:
Explains the role of NHS foundation trust board members in developing a clear and well thought out strategy.
PDF, 423KB, 9 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide describes what to look for when assuring the quality of your NHS foundation trust’s strategy, and points out common pitfalls.
It will help board members to raise critical questions such as:
- how can strategy development help us make informed choices about the services we provide?
- how can I be sure our strategy will meet patients’ future needs?
- what is my role as a trust board member in the local health economy’s strategy development, and how can we align our plans?
Toolkit to support strategy development
Monitor has launched a new toolkit to support all NHS providers in developing clear and well-thought-out strategies.
The toolkit is designed to support you with your strategy development process. It will give you ideas for each stage of the work: both on what to do and on how to do it.
For more information about the support Monitor can offer in this area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: 16 October 2014
Updated: 31 October 2014
- Added link to the 'Strategy development toolkit' for NHS providers.
- First published.