Storage, distribution and disposal of vaccines: the green book, chapter 3
Information for public health professionals on immunisation.
Vaccines are both sensitive biological substances and Prescription-Only-
Medicines (POMs). This chapter outlines:
- storage requirements for vaccines
- ways of obtaining centrally purchased vaccines
- restrictions on the use of centrally purchased vaccines
- recommendations for stock management
- handling spillages, and
- safe disposal of expired or damaged vaccines.
Published 19 March 2013