Storage, distribution and disposal of vaccines: the green book, chapter 3
Information for public health professionals on immunisation.
PDF, 132KB, 20 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Vaccines are both sensitive biological substances and Prescription-Only- Medicines (POMs). This chapter outlines:
- storage requirements for vaccines
- ways of obtaining centrally purchased vaccines
- restrictions on the use of centrally purchased vaccines
- recommendations for stock management
- handling spillages, and
- safe disposal of expired or damaged vaccines.