An update on the key developments and changes since the publication of the 2011/2012 guidance
This update does not supersede the previous guidance but, rather, should be read in conjunction with it. Local stop smoking services: service delivery and monitoring guidance 2011/12.
The main updates are in the areas of:
- The Public Health Outcomes Framework
- Identification of Referral of smokers including an update on delivery of Very Brief Advice
- QOF indicators
- Communication and Marketing Strategy
- Delivery of Services
- The Health Inequalities Pilots
- The National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training CIC
- Monitoring Returns Timetable
- NICE Guidance
This is a yearly update of guidance, which sets out the fundamental quality principles for the delivery of services and should inform the development of local commissioning arrangements. It also includes full details of the data reporting requirements for NHS Stop Smoking Services.