Statement from Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport, 25 January 2011 on the proposed acquisition by News Corporation of BSkyB.
The statement is an update on the timeline and process that he has followed in his considerations of the relevant public interest in this proposed merger.
- Ofcom’s report on the public interest issues relating to News Corporation’s proposed acquisition of BSkyB that was sent to the Secretary of State on 31 December 2010 (redacted for confidentiality)
- The Office of Fair Trading’s report on jurisdiction that was sent to the Secretary of State on 30 December
- The Secretary of State’s letters to News Corporation and BSkyB of 7 January 2011
- BSkyB’s response of 13 January 2011 with confidential information redacted
- News Corporation’s response of 14 January 2011 with confidential information redacted