State of the environment
Environment Agency data and information summarising the state of soil, air quality, water resources and water quality in England.
Applies to England
These reports cover environmental issues relating to:
- soil – the health of our soil
- air quality – the concentrations of pollutants in our air, and their effects on the environment and health
- water resources – how much clean water we have available
- water quality – including rivers, estuaries, coasts and groundwater
The reports include the:
- status and trends
- current and future pressures
Last updated 26 January 2023 + show all updates
The 'State of the environment: the coastal and marine environment' report has been added to this collection.
State of the environment water resources report: correction made on page 9, figure 6. - % label on chart for category ‘fish farming, cress growing and amenity ponds’ amended to 7% from 1%.
Published 'The state of the environment: the urban environment'.
Added 'State of environment: health, people and the environment' report.
Added report. State of the environment: soil.
Added report: State of the environment: air quality.
Added report: State of the environment: water resources.