Documents describing the standards we follow to produce official statistics.
Topics covered include:
- administrative sources (data from schools, local authorities, and other organisations, including awarding bodies)
- revisions to statistical publications (due to methodology or data changes, or errors)
- confidentiality (through personnel, data and statistical disclosure control)
- quality principles and procedures (including relevance, accuracy, timeliness and punctuality, accessibility and clarity, comparability, and coherence)
- compliance with the pre-release access to the Official Statistics Order 2008 (the operational arrangements for giving ministers and officials pre-release access to DfE official statistics before publication)
- user engagement (how we identify and communicate with our users to provide the statistics they need)