Standards for official statistics published by DfE
Documents describing the standards we follow to produce official statistics.
Ref: DFE-00426-2014 PDF, 133KB
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 153KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 117KB, 6 pages
PDF, 124KB, 6 pages
PDF, 128KB, 7 pages
PDF, 158KB, 8 pages
Topics covered include:
- administrative sources (data from schools, local authorities, and other organisations, including awarding bodies)
- revisions to statistical publications (due to methodology or data changes, or errors)
- confidentiality (through personnel, data and statistical disclosure control)
- quality principles and procedures (including relevance, accuracy, timeliness and punctuality, accessibility and clarity, comparability, and coherence)
- compliance with the pre-release access to the Official Statistics Order 2008 (the operational arrangements for giving ministers and officials pre-release access to DfE official statistics before publication)
- user engagement (how we identify and communicate with our users to provide the statistics they need)
Published: 23 April 2013
Updated: 3 June 2015
- Added links to performance tables attainment data and a user survey.
- Added 'Statement of administrative sources' and 'Statement of administrative sources: annex'.
- Replaced 'Pre-release access to official statistics order 2008' with updated document.
- 'Statistical policy statement on user engagement' document added to page.
- First published.
From: Department for Education