The ‘Specification of the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways’ (SROH) outlines the standards for reinstating streets after doing street works.
Any person who carries out street works must reinstate the street once the work is finished, in line with these standards.
This is the third edition of SROH, which contains new or expanded information on:
- block paving
- chalk materials
- sustainable alternative reinstatement materials
- specialist surfacing materials
- permissible layer thicknesses
- laying temperatures for asphalt materials
- a performance specification for compacting materials
- new British standards for asphalt materials covering composition and binder contents
This edition from 2010 replaces the 2002 second edition and the 1992 first edition.