The South Fylde Line follows the Ribble estuary and passes through the towns of Lytham and St Annes on the way from Blackpool to Preston.
||About 36 minutes — one way
||Secondary branch line
||South Fylde Community Rail Partnership (CRP)
||Community Rail Lancashire
The South Fylde Line route serves the following 10 stations:
- Blackpool South
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach
- Squires Gate
- St Annes-on-the-Sea
- Ansdell and Fairhaven
- Moss Side
- Kirkham and Wesham
The South Fylde Line was designated as a community rail line by the Department for Transport in April 2008. The designation covers the line between Kirkham and Wesham and Blackpool South and the passenger rail service between Preston and Blackpool South. Apart from Preston, all stations listed on this route are designated.
Network Rail strategic route plan
The South Fylde Line has been identified as a secondary branch line within Network Rail’s cross-Pennine, Yorks and Humber and north west (H) strategic route plan.
The South Fylde Line is supported by the South Fylde Line Community Rail Partnership. This partnership is one of 5 to fall under the umbrella of Community Rail Lancashire. Altogether the partnerships support 7 lines or routes in Lancashire:
- Clitheroe Line (Clitheroe to Manchester) — Clitheroe Line CRP
- East Lancashire Line (Preston to Colne / Burnley Manchester Road) — the East Lancashire CRP
- Bentham Line (Leeds to Morecambe / Heysham Port) — Leeds, Lancaster and Morecambe CRP
- South Fylde Line (Blackpool South to Preston) — the South Fylde Line CRP
- Preston to Ormskirk Line — the West of Lancashire CRP
- Wigan to Southport Line — the West of Lancashire CRP
- Wigan to Kirkby Line — the West of Lancashire CRP
The Wigan to Southport and Wigan to Kirkby Lines are not designated community rail routes.