Detail of outcome
The outcome of this consultation is the ‘Community rail development strategy’ which sets out the future policy. The strategy was released on 16 November 2018.
Detail of feedback received
Analysis of the responses received along with proposals we believe should be addressed in the new strategy.
We are consulting on how community rail can:
- improve their journeys
- improve the accessibility of the rail network
- achieve better integrated communities
- increase employment opportunities
- use local resources most effectively
- improve the way the network is run
The Association of Community Rail Partnerships (ACoRP), the national umbrella organisation for community rail, has produced a booklet setting out the benefits of community rail.