Information on the Public Services (Social Value) Act for commissioners and providers of public services, including case studies.
The Public Services (Social Value) Act requires commissioners who procure services to consider social, economic and environmental benefits.
This publication provides an overview of the Act and includes:
- sources of help and support for people who commission and provide public services
- case studies that show best practice on implementing the Act
Published: 19 August 2014
Updated: 3 May 2016
- Updated timescale of paper to be published
- Added info on Social Value Award nominees
- Updated date for planned publication of paper
- Updated to reflect new Social Value awards and the Implementation and Measurement Project.
- Updated following the publication of Lord Young's Social Value Act review report.
- Added link to the Social Value Act review page.
- Added link to news about the Social Value Act review.
- First published.