This discussion paper explains what social action is and how it plays an important role in helping to respond to long-standing challenges. The paper also provides an update on government programmes to develop its reach and impact.
It sets out how social action:
- empowers local groups, enabling local solutions and building resilient communities
- increases the resources available to achieve social goals
- offers new sources of expertise and knowledge
- enables broader and better targeted support
- creates new models for how society can respond to challenges
- helps reduce demands on public services