The smart metering Data Access and Privacy Framework determines the levels of access to energy consumption data from smart meters for energy suppliers, network operators and third parties. It also establishes the purposes for which data can be collected and the choices available to consumers.
This document provides:
- a summary of the provisions of the Data Access and Privacy Framework
- details of the approach taken to establish the extent to which the Framework continues to meet its objectives
- an overview of the evidence, together with the findings of the government’s assessment in each area of the review
- conclusions and information relating to ongoing monitoring of the Framework
- planned next steps in those areas identified by the review as requiring further work or consideration