- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Proficiency testing for food, water and environmental microbiology
- 31 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 4 December 2017, see all updates
This scheme provides external quality assessment (EQA) samples for laboratories that examine raw bivalve molluscs.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 52KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The shellfish scheme provides external quality assessment samples for laboratories that examine raw bivalve molluscs from harvesting sites in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 854/2004 and from the production chain between harvest and consumption, in accordance with Regulation (EC) 2073/2005 and subsequent amendments.
The scheme is organised in collaboration with the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas), Weymouth, UK. Articles 32 and 33 of Commission Regulation (EC) No. 882/2004 defines the roles of the European Union Reference Laboratory (EURL) and national reference laboratories (NRL). These roles include responsibility for organising comparative testing of methods.
Published: 31 July 2014
Updated: 4 December 2017
- Updated 'Shellfish scheme: trend analysis'.
- Updated Shellfish scheme: trend analysis from April 2004.
- Updated 'Shellfish scheme: trend analysis from April 2004'.
- Updated shellfish scheme: trend analysis for distribution SF050.
- Shellfish scheme distribution SF049 added for trend analysis.
- First published.