Research and analysis
Self Assessment tax return: guidance notes testing
Research on the testing of prototypes of the SA150, SA101, SA102 and SA103 guidance notes.
Ref: HMRC Research Report 231 PDF, 58.7KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Research report on evaluating the guidance notes for 4 prototype products with customers to understand:
- are they an improvement on the current versions?
- what works well / less well?
- design and layout: likes/dislikes? Is it engaging? Is there sufficient information?
- language: are they clear and easy to understand? Is the tone appropriate? Is anything misleading or confusing?
- sign-posting: Would customers go to the website to find out more information or download helpsheets? Would they call the helpline for more information or would they call orderline for helpsheets? Would they file online in the future?
- any suggestions to improve design, layout, language?
Published: 17 January 2013
From: HM Revenue & Customs