Securities in respect of releasing a VAT credit

Employers and traders, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) may ask for a deposit or bond.



HMRC can ask you to pay a cash deposit or bond if they think there’s a risk you won’t pay your tax or duty on time. They call this a ‘security’. If you don’t pay your bill HMRC can use the security to settle it.

Published 28 December 2012