This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Policy statement explaining the government’s strategy for the Post Office.
Ref: BIS/10/1260 PDF, 432KB, 28 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Policy statement explaining the government’s strategy for the Post Office and explains our plans to secure its future, which include:
- no programme of post office closures under this government
- £1.34 billion to modernise the network and safeguard its future
- see the Post Office become a genuine front office for government at both national and local level: further information is in the joint report by BIS, LGA and the Post Office An Evaluation of Strategic Engagement
- support the expansion of accessible and affordable personal financial services available through post offices
- create the opportunity for a mutually owned Post Office
See also Co-operatives UK report on Mutual Options for Post Office Ltd.