Policy statement explaining the government’s strategy for the Post Office and explains our plans to secure its future, which include:
- no programme of post office closures under this government
- £1.34 billion to modernise the network and safeguard its future
- see the Post Office become a genuine front office for government at both national and local level: further information is in the joint report by BIS, LGA and the Post Office An Evaluation of Strategic Engagement
- support the expansion of accessible and affordable personal financial services available through post offices
- create the opportunity for a mutually owned Post Office
See also Co-operatives UK report on Mutual Options for Post Office Ltd.