Securing sufficient accommodation for looked-after children
Statutory guidance on securing sufficient accommodation and access to services for looked-after children.
This statutory guidance is for:
- local authorities
- directors of children’s services
- chief executives in local health services
- commissioners in:
- joint commissioning units
- local authorities health services youth justice
- other teams or organisations with responsibility for commissioning children’s services
- commissioners of regional and national provision for children
- managers of services for looked-after children, including providers in the public, private and voluntary sectors
It sets out the approach that local authorities should take to make sure that looked-after children under their care have access to a sufficient range of accommodation, services and support.
Published 30 March 2010