Study providing research, including case studies, about issues and opportunities around access to airports and ports, from the Strategic Road Network (SRN).
The report includes:
- what the ‘last mile’ means in practice
- the geographic connectivity to the SRN for specific case studies
- how these connections are owned and maintained, setting out issues and the benefits of any change
- the costs of change and implications for maintenance
- options to reduce congestion around ports and airports
The findings from this research informed the development of the draft ‘Road investment strategy 2’.
This study was completed before the transport connectivity to ports reports which were submitted to Parliament in April 2018.