Risk protection arrangement for academy trusts: membership rules
The rules governing the risk protection arrangement (RPA) for academy trusts.
Ref: DFE-00455-2014 PDF, 644KB, 81 pages
Ref: DFE-00088-2015 PDF, 644KB, 79 pages
These documents describe the risk protection arrangement (RPA) rules for academy trusts, which members must follow.
There is a version for church academies.
Further information about RPA is available on the ‘Academies risk protection arrangement’ guidance page.
The RPA is an alternative to commercial insurance for academy trusts. Under the RPA, the UK government covers losses instead of commercial insurance.
Published: 17 June 2014
Updated: 26 August 2016
- Updated membership rules documents for academy trusts and church academies. The documents' introduction sections explain what has changed.
- Replaced documents to include updates on claims, definition of business, freezer contents cover, business interruption, theft exclusion, governors' limit of liability and legal expenses.
- Updated to add a version of the membership rules for church academies.
- Updated with a new version of the RPA membership rules.
- Updated with new version of the RPA membership rules
- Link added to DfE expert advisers Willis under contact us section
- First published.