Rights of way advice note 9: general guidance to inspectors on public rights of way matters.
General guidance to inspectors on public rights of way matters.
PDF, 252KB, 18 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This advice note contains information on:
- statutory provisions
- Highways Act 1980 Creation of Rights of Way
- public path extinguishment orders
- public path diversion orders
- rail Crossing extinguishment orders
- rail crossing diversion orders
- bridge or tunnel orders
- creation agreements
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 cases
- stopping up or diversion of FP or BW to enable development to be carried out
- land held for a planning purpose
- surface mineral workings
- Acquisition of Land Act 1981 cases
- extinguishment of non-vehicular rights of way
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 cases
- definitive map orders
- modification orders under Section 53
- the effect of the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 (Nerc)