Human rights arguments
PDF, 49.9KB, 10 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance sheet contains information on:
- key sections of the Human Rights Act 1998
- key convention rights likely to affect rights of way work
- the right to a fair trial – Article 6
- the right to respect for private and family life and for the home - Article 8
- article 1 of the first protocol: the right to property
- dealing with human rights questions
- how to approach a claim of a violation of human rights at an inquiry or hearing (excluding Wildlife and Countryside Act cases)
- Highways Act 1980: orders made under (ss. 26, 118, 118A, 118B, 119, 119A, 119B)
- Town and country planning Act 1990: orders made under s.257
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981: orders made under ss. 53 & 54