Rights of way advice note 19: Human Rights Act 1998
Human rights arguments
PDF, 49.9KB, 10 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance sheet contains information on:
- key sections of the Human Rights Act 1998
- key convention rights likely to affect rights of way work
- the right to a fair trial – Article 6
- the right to respect for private and family life and for the home - Article 8
- article 1 of the first protocol: the right to property
- dealing with human rights questions
- how to approach a claim of a violation of human rights at an inquiry or hearing (excluding Wildlife and Countryside Act cases)
- Highways Act 1980: orders made under (ss. 26, 118, 118A, 118B, 119, 119A, 119B)
- Town and country planning Act 1990: orders made under s.257
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981: orders made under ss. 53 & 54