Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Reviews and appeals for GCSEs, AS and A levels: transitional arrangements
Formal legal notices which confirm when changes to arrangements for reviews and appeals in GCSEs, AS and A levels will take place
Following our earlier consultation on regulations for enquiries and appeals, we chose to defer decisions on some of our proposed changes to reviews and appeals for GCSEs, AS and A levels.
We have now announced the following decisions:
- We will introduce the requirements for key dates for the completion of reviews and appeals for the summer 2017 exam series. These ensure common, minimum timelines for centres and students.
- We will introduce the requirement for exam boards to grant students the ability to request results of centre-marked assessments for the summer 2018 exam series onwards. We will introduce associated requirements about how reviews must be conducted at the same time.
- We will introduce the requirement for exam boards to make marked GCSE scripts available to centres, before their deadline for requesting a review of marking, for the summer 2020 exam series onwards.
- We will introduce the requirement for exam boards to provide the reasons for review of marking decisions automatically for the summer 2020 exam series onwards.
These documents formally implement these decisions for:
- GCSEs (graded A* to G)
- GCSEs (graded 9 to 1)
- pre-reform AS and A levels
- reformed AS and A levels