We commissioned independent stakeholder research and a review of the Merlin Standard as part of our on-going commitment to the standard and its continuous improvement.
This research establishes levels of understanding of the role of Merlin after its first 3 years of operation. It also examines through an on line survey and series of focus groups, the views of prime contractors, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders including commissioners, on:
- the extent to which the Merlin Standard and its delivery have met the needs of government and stakeholder groups
- what works with the Merlin Standard, and areas for improvement
- how the Merlin Standard may need to change and adapt in the future
Understanding the views of different stakeholder groups will help us to continuously improve and develop the Merlin Standard for the future.
We’re using the findings of the research to:
- introduce, in the short term, changes and improvements to the operation of the Merlin Standard
- inform longer term decisions on its role within future commissioning scenarios
Author: Dave Simmonds OBE (Centre for Economic and Social Inclusion)